What is Perlane?
Perlane is made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally present in your skin but diminishes as you get older, causing your skin to lose volume and form wrinkles and folds. The hyaluronic acid in Perlane is specifically formulated to act like your own natural hyaluronic acid and replace lost volume for a more youthful appearance.
- Appropriate for wrinkles that benefit from deeper injection
- Provides lift to moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds
- Gives immediate, natural-looking results with just one treatment
- Perlane-L injectable gels include a numbing medication (lidocaine) to help reduce discomfort
- In three clinical studies of 150 patients each, on average 70% of patients maintained improvement for six months just after one treatment.
What areas can be treated with Perlane?
Restylane or Perlane can add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). What makes Perlane different from Restylane is the average size of the gel particles and the depth of injection. On average, the gel particles in Perlane are larger than those in Restylane, which makes Perlane a good choice for wrinkles that benefit from a deeper injection into the skin.
What are common side effects?
Common side effects include swelling, redness, pain, bruising and tenderness. This will normally last less than seven days. Although rare, red or swollen small bumps may occur. For full safety information, please visit http://www.restylaneusa.com/#isc
If you have any questions regarding Perlane injections, or wish to schedule a consultation, please call Dr. Chopra at (310) 858-1787.